Durbanville Games is the proud host of
”Artists Assemble” 2020 – a miniature figurine painting competition being held on 09 May 2020!
Please READ the CATEGORIES and RULES thoroughly and feel free to contact us at – email@example.com should you have any questions or queries regarding entries.
The open entry for each category is to allow a wide range of possible entries and is for those not covered by the single figure categories.
- BEGINNERS Category
Juniors and newcomers to the hobby/art form who have been painting for less than 2 years.
REMINDER: Judges reserve the right to move an entry into the Veterans category should they feel the skill level exceeds that of a beginner.
- single figure – any genre – Max 80mm
- Open – any genre/including diorama, busts, squad (4+ figures), vehicles and large figurines 81mm +
Generally for painters or hobbyists who have been active for 2 years or longer but is a choice based on skill level and curiosity in miniature painting, for a fun and competitive experience. Display base is recommended to attract the judge’s attention.
- single figure – any genre – Max 80mm
- open – any genre, including diorama, busts, squad (4+ figures), vehicles and large figurines 81mm +
- COMIC Category
Single figure – model must be a character from a comic series, movie or game system – Max 80mm
- HOSTS and SPONSORS Category
An open category for the hosts and all sponsor to enter and have a little fun.
ARTISTS ASSEMBLE EVENT RULES.
- Only open to residents within the borders of South Africa.
- All entries must be painted by the entrant themselves, no exceptions.
- All entrants must be able to show proof of their work through progress pics or discuss their entries with judges upon request.
- Only complete projects will be accepted.
No add on effects, or weathering effects to pre-painted models will be accepted.
- Entrants must submit their pieces online at https://durbanvillegames.co.za/product/artists-assemble-2020-online-entry/
- Submissions open up on 00:00 on 05 May 2020 and submissions close by 00:00 on 09 May 2020. (ie midnight between the 8th and 9th of May 🙂 )
- Entries must be submitted with 4 pictures of your piece (Front. Back and Sides). Remember that the photos are the basis for the judges to evaluate your piece. Make sure that you take extra special care when taking your photos for submissions.
- Beginners are newcomers to the hobby with less than 2 years experience and who have not won a Beginners painting competition before.
PLEASE NOTE: Judges reserve the right to move an entry from Beginners level to Veterans level should they deem the skills presented require so.
- All game systems and platforms are accepted.
No preference is given to a particular gaming system and entries are based on size or scale.
- Scale/size is determined by measuring the miniature or model from the top of the head to the foot of the model. This does not include the extended arms, weapons or wings associated with many models. Measurements are in millimeters only. Size is not limited to the base and contestants are always encouraged to create a display for their work so as to stand out from fellow competitors.
- Should the judge request it an addition photo must be provided with the model next to a ruler with clear measurement markings.
- All projects must have commenced within 6 months of the competition. Meaning that all models/projects started in November 2019 is allowed.
- No entries can be submitted if previously submitted to other local or international painting contests, prior to ”Artists Assemble” 2020. Entrants must also provide proof, upon judge’s request of the commencement of their submissions.
- All sponsors are excluded from entering any categories apart from the Hosts and Sponsors Category.
- All commission artists or professional painters may only enter the veteran’s categories.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries BUT only one entry per category.
- Entrants can only submit in either Beginner or Veterans categories but not both.
- Judging will take place on May 09, 2020 and winners will be announced via social media and email communication to confirm details for delivery of prizes.
- Judges decisions are final and no negotiations or discussions will be entered into.
- Prizing cannot be exchanged for cash or store credit.
- Prizes will be shipped to the winner as soon as the lockdown allows.
”Artists Assemble” is supported by its amazing sponsors & local retailers, with prizes and venue resources. ”Artists Assemble” gains no financial benefit from hosting this event, although administrative costs are still incurred. Therefore, a small submission fee is required to help cover these costs. Our aim is always to provide the best possible experience for its entrants.
R50.00 per submission. Payable during online submission
We are grateful to all our sponsors and the community, without whom this event would not be possible.
All queries, marketing, sponsors, and public relations pertaining to ”Artists Assemble” 2020 are to be addressed to Durbanville Games and will be addressed by Durbanville Games.
”Artists Assemble” 2020 is an event created to be a community driven event, and as such all parties, brands, sponsors and retailers are supported in the aim of growing the art form and the community.
Our Wonderful Sponsors